New Action Learning Days
In May 2012 (barely two months away) the Public Services (Social Value) Act 2012, will be law. The new bill is extremely important and will have wide ranging implications to your future procurement processes.
The Act means ‘social value', ‘economic, social and environmental well-being, have to be taken into account when commissioning contracts for products or services, both above and below the EU commissioning threshold.
This important one day workshop will enable you to gain a firm grasp on what the bill will mean for your organisation and its procurement processes.
The Action Day will cover:
- The new Act provisions
- The relationship with EU public procurement thresholds
- Why Housing Associations are indirectly covered
- Changes to procurement and commissioning practices
- Understanding what social value is
- Understanding the methodologies available for social value assessment
- Consulting stakeholders
- Exploring whether this adds costs to procurement
- Developing an action plan for your organisation.
Dates for the courses are as follows:
- 2 July ~ Birmingham
- 11 September ~ Bristol
Venues to be confirmed